Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crazy Dreams and Skipping Church

So. Alex and I didnt get up till 10:30 this morning. He had a fitful night which is very much every night. His tirade of lung and breathing problems caused by acid reflux makes many a night full of tears(both for baby and Mama). So, we didnt really get to sleep till the wee morning hours....when I finally went to Dreamland... I enetered the portal to my grandmother's "Mimi" large house. A place that was such a fixture of my childhood in which I havent stepped foot in for many years now. In the dream I walked through those familar rooms and noticed that some things had been rearranged and some were missing. I was very upset about this fact in my dream. Maybe because I hadnt been there while the change was happening or the fact that things were not exactly as I remebered them. Then I went upstairs and the bedroom that I had always slept in was just like I remebered it, I walked through inhaling the smell of the room. Remembering. See, a little background here my Mimi is in a care facility and I havent seen her in over two years now since right before I found out I was pregnant with Alex. When i became pregnant with Alex it was decided that Mimi would not be told due to her dementia and it may be upsetting to her having to be explained over and over why her unmarried grand daughter was pregnant( we live in the South things are very oldfashioned here) Then Alex was born and certain family members were not happy with him being mixed race and pretty much that part of my life was sealed away and put in my past. I guess the dream was sad to me because when I awoke I realized that that place was one that I may never see again in real life. Or people who i love who will never meet Alex. Its sort of a sad situation all around. And because of that dream we overslept and missed church..thats my story God and Im sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment